Collage of Mom


Every freshman has to take an art class in the 225 sequence. I chose the 2D class because I loved to draw and paint. Our final project had two parts. The first was to create a collage of images of some one we knew. I chose my mom and took many pictures of her face from different angles. The second part was to make the collage even more abstract by playing with color and texture. We had a choice of colored pencils and watercolor pencils, and we had to choose only 5 colors. I chose the bright blue pencil, light yellow watercolor, darker yellow pencil, brown watercolor, and purple watercolor shown above. The green comes from layering the light yellow watercolor over the blue pencil. I chose these colors because I knew my mom wore these colors and liked them a lot. The diamond pattern comes from the shirt she was wearing when I took pictures of her.

Comments

Popular Posts